Wednesday, October 8, 2008

QCOR- Disecting a bad trade

After getting out of QCOR, I decided to get back in on 10/3 as I thought I could get in and sell around $7.80-8.00ish. This was based on pure emotion which was a somewhat costly mistake. I really believed this stock could keep going up and had potential, but in the end I should have stuck to my guns and stop playing in it:



Here are the lessons learned:

1. Once a stock stops showing potential... especially in the small caps, there is no reason to believe in anything especially without a story backing it up. Message boards had low volume of any responses and the movement was pretty indicative.

2. I could have taken a small profit when it spiked in mid day but got greedy for more and then held on thinking it could spike again... again without any real reasoning.

3. Held overnight (10/03 to 10/06 with the weekend) to save a day trade... this was a fucking horrible idea as it tanked right when the morning bell rang.

4. I am pretty sure the Level IIs were below the last... should have been a warning to try to put something in premarket hoping that it would be sold off and minimize losses.

No comments: